HERE COMES —–>FRIDAY THE 13th
Does today’s date ring any bells in your minds?????I dont wanna hear NO as an answer.Come this day and some people are petrified fearing the unknown. The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia, a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen.Strange na ppl getting scared of a mere date.I too was surprised that to know dat this is one of the most rampant phobia.So i decided to google a bit and find out why does Friday the 13th give some people the CHILLs….So here’s a summarised form of what i struck upon.
REASONS why friday the 13th spells doom—–
- The Last Supper, at which Judas Iscariot was said to have been the thirteenth guest to sit at the table. (Judas later betrayed Jesus, leading to His crucifixion, and then took his own life.)
- Just as Friday was considered an inauspicious day of the week on which to embark upon a new enterprise, so the 13th day of a month came to signify a particularly bad day for beginning a venture. Although regarding the confluence of a particularly unlucky day of the week (Friday) and a particularly unlucky day of the month (the 13th) as a date of supreme unluckiness might seem to be obvious and inevitable.
- Another myth says that…… 12 gods were having a dinner party at heaven. In walked the uninvited 13th guest, the mischievous Loki. Once there, Loki arranged for Hoder, the blind god of darkness, to shoot Balder the Beautiful, the god of joy and gladness, with a mistletoe-tipped arrow.Balder died and the whole Earth got dark. The whole Earth mourned. It was a bad, unlucky day.From that moment on, the number 13 has been considered ominous and foreboding.
- Christian legend holds that 13 is unholy because it signifies the gathering of 12 witches and the devil.
- On a Friday the 13th in 1306, King Philip of France arrested the revered Knights Templar and began torturing them, marking the occasion as a day of evil.
I bet most of you did not know about these reasons .But yet why do you people still consider Friday the 13th unlucky????According to me it all lies in the mind.When you are small you hear that Friday the 13th is unlucky( the sources being your peers, parents,books ,media and of course movies).
So you keep searching for evidence to validate this superstition.The evidence isn’t hard to come by, of course. If you meet with an accident, have a quarell with your friends,screw up your ITs or perhaps break up with your girl friend,that day will probably stay with you. But if you think about it, bad things, big and small, happen all the time. If you’re looking for bad luck on Friday the 13th, you’ll probably find it.
Entry filed under: Amit Talks. Tags: .